Losing weight isn’t easy. But over the years of coaching people towards their weight loss goals, the biggest barrier to weight loss is not the fat or sugar…
…it is the motivation!
It is hard to stay motivated. There’s a great article in HuffingtonPost this week on weight loss tips. Here are my favorite tips from it-the ones that deal with motivation!
Weight Loss Motivation
1. Set a small, specific goal. Stick it on the fridge or your bathroom mirror.
2. Use your scale as a gauge to track your progress and not as a body-shaming device
3. Take before and after pictures. You won’t believe how much real proof motivates.
4. Buy a new outfit that you want to rock. Hang it where you can see it daily for a visual reminder to stick to your goals. Or reward your small wins with new workout gear!
5. Focus only on losing the next two pounds. Whether you want to lose 10 pounds or 100 pounds, focusing on micro-goals can keep you from feeling overwhelmed. Think two pounds at a time.
These are tips I deem particularly valuable as we all approach our New Year’s resolutions. What do you find helpful? Leave a comment.
Sharing is caring-use these nifty buttons to share this info with your social media groups.
Image courtesy of hyena reality at FreeDigitalPhotos.net